First water barrel installed and treatment system working at the orphanage.
6000 block made this week.
The well is working!
Sand to make the block.
So the project is going really well. We figured out the water purification system, the well has been pumping thousands of gallons and the border wall is almost complete around the 5 acres. We start on the homes next.
We had to buy a truck to move rocks, buy sand, etc. So we spent $15,000 on one, but rent it out two days a week which is making us $18,000/yr. One of the guys who runs the orphanage is a mechanic so no problems with maintenance.
7 families run the orphanage. One is a mechanic, one a carpenter, one a physician, etc. So the kids will leave the orphanage with a useful skill. It's so exciting to see this progress quickly and as cheaply/sustainably as possible!