Southeast Face, Mt. Emerson 5.4

 
Search
Go

High Sierra, California USA

  • Currently 4.0/5
Sort 4 beta reports by: Most Recent | Most Helpful
What is route "beta"?
Submit Beta on this Route
Summary of All Ratings

SuperTopo Rating:   
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
 (4.0)
Average Customer Rating:   
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
 (4.0)
Your Rating:     (none)
Rating Distribution
0 Total Ratings
5 star: 0%  (0)
4 star: 0%  (0)
3 star: 0%  (0)
2 star: 0%  (0)
1 star: 0%  (0)
tom woods

Gym climber
Bishop, CA
Apr 15, 2014 - 05:41pm
 
The gate was closed yesterday (Monday) though it looked like they wer ready to open at anytime.

I'd go with Vitaly on this one. It's a tad early and the first pitch is often a creek anyway.
Was this beta helpful to you? Yes | No
Vitaliy M.

Mountain climber
San Francisco
Apr 15, 2014 - 04:31pm
 
Even with low snow year, I wouldn't do it now. I did it in the late May last year in 4 hours car to car and the chimney was wet even than. Sierra just had a recent snow storm (about a week and a half ago), and I would guarantee a lot of snow to be around 11-13K. I was around 8-10K this weekend and there were huge patches of snow all over the place.

Go to ORG or Pine Creek! Or prepare your snow shoes! HAVE A BLAST whatever you decide to do!
Was this beta helpful to you? Yes | No
micronut

Trad climber
Fresno/Clovis, ca
Apr 14, 2014 - 07:36am
 
Whitey,

The trick will be getting to North Lake. That gate may be closed past the little "town" of Aspendell or at/just above Lake Sabrina. Call Wilson's Eastside Sports to get the road beta. The hike in is quite mellow and could be done in approach shoes if the snow is firm in the morning. Might be some major post-holing on the way down.....The descent may be holding a good bit of snow. Maybe call ESAC....Eastern Sierra Avalanche Center and get the current snow intel. Its a great route! Did it last fall. ENjoy!

Scott
Was this beta helpful to you? Yes | No
whitemeat

Big Wall climber
San Luis Obispo, CA
Apr 13, 2014 - 05:43pm
 
has anyone ever done this route during this time of year? I am thinking of going to do something this next weekend (April 18-20) and am wandering if there is just too much snow or what? with the winter we had is the only reason why I am actually contemplating high sierra stuff when the Tioga road is not even open :) anything would help!!!!!!
Was this beta helpful to you? Yes | No
Mt. Emerson - Southeast Face 5.4 - High Sierra, California USA. Click to Enlarge
Overview of Mount Emerson, Mount Humphreys and Basin Mountain.
Photo: Luke Lydiard
Submit Beta on this Route
 
*What is "Route Beta"?
It's climber slang for information or tips on a route as in, "what's the beta on that route?" As a service to fellow climbers we ask SuperTopo guidebook users to post tips and updates to this website if they have relevant information to share after a climb.