YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Cutting it close on Wetterhorn
Jul 24, 2014; 2:20pm
- If You're Into That Sorta Thing- The Needles
Jul 24, 2014; 12:05pm
- Castle Dome - FA of the Southeast Arête (IV, 5.10) WARNING: Many photos
Jul 24, 2014; 10:58am
- North Duke Taku Range
Jul 24, 2014; 10:22am
- An adaptive ascent of the Chief
Jul 23, 2014; 10:26pm
- Rio Platano Honduras
Jul 23, 2014; 5:09pm
- Win some, Lose some. A Tetons TR.
Jul 23, 2014; 3:50am
- Palisade 'Tangent Traverse'
Jul 22, 2014; 7:54pm
- Palisade Crest N-S Traverse (IV, 5.8)
Jul 22, 2014; 7:48pm
- Samurai Warrior on Bubbs Creek Wall
Jul 22, 2014; 3:23pm
- "Blue-Collar Climbing" - The Nose, El Capitan
Jul 22, 2014; 11:04am
- Nick aka “Cliff Dogg” Hall Memorial Climb: Ten Days After, my first rope solo
Jul 22, 2014; 7:50am
- Photo sphere tour of the Snake Dike and a quick look over the edge
Jul 21, 2014; 7:18am
- The Incredible Hulk - Sunspot Dihedral (IV 5.11b) C2C
Jul 21, 2014; 7:17am
- Longest 6 months + 6 days of my life...
Jul 19, 2014; 10:45am
- View more trip reports >