YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Where Have All The Climbers Gone? (Squamish)
Nov 19, 2017; 9:14am
- A Mere Mortal's Guide to Climbing the Nose. (Including my experiences with the rockfall on elcap)
Nov 17, 2017; 12:55pm
- Climbing in the Wadi Rum Desert of Jordan - March 2012
Nov 17, 2017; 10:59am
- My Second Wall, My First Solo ( The Prow)
Nov 17, 2017; 4:00am
- Kalymnos III
Nov 16, 2017; 10:58am
- 2017-07 Courtright swimming kayaking climbing hiking with friends
Nov 14, 2017; 7:04pm
- Desert dessert
Nov 13, 2017; 9:05pm
- Sauyr Zhotasy East. The Great Game, it aint over yet.
Nov 13, 2017; 5:16pm
- Half Dome - Regular Route - Big Backpack Strategy
Nov 13, 2017; 9:32am
- Spire 4
Nov 13, 2017; 9:03am
- Saline Valley, The Saline Wall
Nov 11, 2017; 12:10pm
- 2017-11 Sailing into the mystic above LA
Nov 08, 2017; 4:41pm
- Joffre + The Aemmer Couloir: ski descents come unexpected catharsis [part 1]
Nov 07, 2017; 8:09pm
- South Howser Tower (Beckey-Chouinard)
Nov 04, 2017; 9:08am
- Nootka Island: [two siblings,] a demiwolf, an octoquid, and a maybe baby orca.
Nov 02, 2017; 12:50pm
- View more trip reports >