YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Crisis in Yosemite - My fall of a lifetime
Sep 19, 2014; 6:35pm
- Two Dudes And A Ridge. A Lepton Sighting.
Sep 19, 2014; 6:32pm
- Sandra and Big Mike's **LIVE** Facelift Odyssey!!!
Sep 19, 2014; 5:47pm
- The Incredible Phil Bircheff, 65 years young, on the Above-Average Hulk
Sep 18, 2014; 5:12pm
- Sewellymon's NE Yosemite Casual Backpack
Sep 18, 2014; 4:20pm
- Arctic Dream- Alaska HD Video
Sep 17, 2014; 4:01pm
- Summer Sailed In – Red Rock, Tuolumne, Sierra Eastside, and Zion - VERY photo intensive
Sep 17, 2014; 9:45am
- Mithral Dihedral, AWESOMENESS
Sep 16, 2014; 4:08pm
- TR 2010-06 Steck-Salathe on Sentinel
Sep 14, 2014; 6:24am
- New Lembert Dome route
Sep 12, 2014; 6:43pm
- Hooky Wednesday: Cardinal Pinnacle Sneak.
Sep 12, 2014; 6:41pm
- Playing Hooky from Work: A Solo Ascent of Geochronology Wall (I, C2, cl.3)
Sep 12, 2014; 12:38pm
- OT in the Heartland: 9/11/14
Sep 12, 2014; 7:18am
- Southern Arete, Painted Wall, Black Canyon, Colorado
Sep 11, 2014; 7:20pm
- "We have to buy chicken wire?" A Bugs TR
Sep 11, 2014; 9:40am
- View more trip reports >