YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Deception-Lovers Leap- 6/26/2016
Jun 27, 2016; 12:00am
- Community of Yosemite Monkeys Rally! (for a paraplegic's dream of climbing a big wall)
Jun 26, 2016; 11:39pm
- Black Dike Traverse (II, cl. 3-4, moderate snow) and the Southwest Couloir of Mt Teewinot (II, cl. 4) (Carryout Day 1)
Jun 26, 2016; 7:44pm
- Liberty Cap Southwest face
Jun 26, 2016; 7:30pm
- The Valhalla Traverse (II, cl. 3-4, falling rock & ice hazard) (Carryover Day 1)
Jun 26, 2016; 3:44pm
- Garnet Canyon Approach and the North Ridge of Middle Teton (II, 5.6)
Jun 26, 2016; 9:40am
- The Rebolting and Rediscovery of Slick Rock Dome, Tahoe
Jun 26, 2016; 7:26am
- 2016-05 Red Rocks - Bird Hunter Buttress
Jun 26, 2016; 2:01am
- Son of Flip Flop goes Backpacking in Yosemite
Jun 25, 2016; 7:57pm
- A Very slow winter ascent of the Nose
Jun 25, 2016; 3:51pm
- North Ridge of the Grand Teton (Italian Cracks Variation)(IV, 5.7) (Carryover Day 4)
Jun 24, 2016; 10:15pm
- Win Some, Lose Some: Another Summer in the Sierras
Jun 23, 2016; 7:12am
- Salathe Success with a Price
Jun 22, 2016; 11:41pm
- Triple Direct, El Capitan, Trip Report in December
Jun 22, 2016; 6:50pm
- Patagonian Alpine FAs! TR and Video!
Jun 22, 2016; 2:37pm
- View more trip reports >