YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Barre des Écrins - Butterflies and Brocken spectres!
Feb 26, 2017; 6:26am
- Moose's Tooth - 'Ham and Eggs' and 'Shaken, Not Stirred'
Feb 23, 2017; 8:01am
- OW pitch on Reed's Direct, 2005: reunite these pics with the climber!
Feb 22, 2017; 10:21pm
- Yosemite visit 2009: an old thread re-purposed as a
Feb 22, 2017; 8:28pm
- Conness North Ridge: Hot and Bothered
Feb 22, 2017; 11:29am
- Fairview Dome with John Ferguson
Feb 22, 2017; 6:52am
- Thanksgiving 2012 TR
Feb 21, 2017; 6:24pm
- Deparately Seeking Stacks: A Wide Adventure
Feb 21, 2017; 4:02pm
- Angry Natives, Reed's
Feb 21, 2017; 8:26am
- The Qionglai Mountains, Sichuan, China...a visit.
Feb 20, 2017; 4:58pm
- Spire 4
Feb 19, 2017; 10:06pm
- A bit of water ice on Mt. Morrison on June 8, 2011
Feb 19, 2017; 4:56am
- TR: Organ Mountains, New Mexico 2009-03-07
Feb 19, 2017; 3:30am
- FFA: Dragons of Eden IV+ 5.12a - Dragontail Pk
Feb 16, 2017; 9:43pm
- TR - South by Southwest and Yosemite in the fall
Feb 15, 2017; 8:15pm
- View more trip reports >