YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- First ascents in Kyrgyzstan
Dec 01, 2015; 7:20pm
- The Silk Road: A an ice report from the central Rockies.
Dec 01, 2015; 1:03pm
- Attempt on Moonflower Buttress, Mount Hunter
Dec 01, 2015; 12:02pm
- Croatia Illustrated: The Swimsuit Edition
Dec 01, 2015; 9:36am
- NW Regular - Climbed by Knot Swinging
Nov 30, 2015; 10:47pm
- A Short Walk With Lt. Levi
Nov 30, 2015; 10:06pm
- Asura Peak FA, Gangga Range, NW Sichuan, China, Nov 2015
Nov 30, 2015; 8:29pm
- Pinnacles in the New Year (Part 2)
Nov 30, 2015; 8:06pm
- Supercanaleta on Fitz Roy, Patagonia (November 2013)
Nov 30, 2015; 9:33am
- Attempt on Exocet, Cerro Standhart
Nov 29, 2015; 9:20am
- Attempt on the north face of Cholatse, Nepal
Nov 29, 2015; 9:13am
- Hypa Zypa Couloir on the Citadel in the Kichatna Range, Alaska
Nov 29, 2015; 7:49am
- Heckmaier route on Eiger (spring 2007)
Nov 29, 2015; 7:46am
- Ama Dablam in the Khumbu Valley, Nepal
Nov 28, 2015; 7:44pm
- Community of Yosemite Monkeys Rally! (for a paraplegic's dream of climbing a big wall)
Nov 28, 2015; 10:17am
- View more trip reports >