YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Woody Appreciation Day In JT
Nov 21, 2014; 8:33pm
- How many times can I get away with "Just 1 more trip" before January?
Nov 21, 2014; 3:28pm
- Vanishing Point
Nov 21, 2014; 10:21am
- Surgeon General or Tom's Tooth
Nov 20, 2014; 2:10pm
- An Oddyssey to Shangri La (FA and an FFA in a little paradise)
Nov 20, 2014; 11:23am
- Dru Couloir Direct : First Ascent 1977, Tobin Sorenson and Rick Accomazzo
Nov 20, 2014; 6:32am
- Laughing at the Hammer
Nov 19, 2014; 3:12pm
- A Love Affair with the American West
Nov 19, 2014; 11:16am
- No Country For Old Men: Wanderlust in Parched Land
Nov 17, 2014; 10:37pm
- Lurking Fear The Fun Way!!!
Nov 17, 2014; 9:50pm
- Astroman Dreamin
Nov 17, 2014; 7:07pm
- Red Rocks Season Opener: Levitation 29 and Epinephrine
Nov 17, 2014; 11:36am
- Awesome Autumn – Cloud Tower, Donner, Zion, More Red Rock & Tickling the Toes of Giants
Nov 17, 2014; 10:07am
- Striking Gold in the Shadow of Basket Dome - 2012 FAs
Nov 16, 2014; 9:52pm
- Polar Vortex the TR
Nov 16, 2014; 7:52pm
- View more trip reports >