YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Spire 4
Sep 19, 2017; 9:37pm
- Mt Guyot with Charlie
Sep 19, 2017; 5:15pm
- Twenty-one Days in the Grand Canyon – A Climbing et al. TR
Sep 16, 2017; 6:47am
- Sauyr Zhotasy East. The Great Game, it aint over yet.
Sep 15, 2017; 3:14am
- The Bachar-Yerian: A Three Year Obsession Comes to a Close
Sep 14, 2017; 3:43pm
- I Asked For It-October 13, 2015
Sep 12, 2017; 6:52pm
- Shuteye Ridge Rocks
Sep 12, 2017; 9:37am
- Chamonix Summer Camp
Sep 07, 2017; 4:09pm
- Dogtooth Peak (Finally!)
Sep 07, 2017; 9:57am
- My Second Wall, My First Solo ( The Prow)
Sep 06, 2017; 3:16pm
- A Winter Traverse of the California section of the PCT Part 4
Sep 06, 2017; 9:19am
- A Grand Adventure with Ddriver
Sep 05, 2017; 5:54pm
- FA: Marooned at Midnight, Umiguqjuaq Wall, Clyde Inlet, Baffin Island
Sep 03, 2017; 5:38pm
- I took my novice-climber girlfriend up the Leaning Tower - Part 2
Sep 02, 2017; 7:42am
- Lone Pine Peak - North Ridge - July 4th 2017
Sep 02, 2017; 3:30am
- View more trip reports >