YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Some Tahoe Backcountry Skiing
Mar 20, 2018; 11:16am
- Enclosure Couloir with Jimmy Newberry
Mar 20, 2018; 9:07am
- Yosemite Scenery and Widows Tears 3/1/2018
Mar 20, 2018; 8:44am
- Saline Valley, The Saline Wall
Mar 19, 2018; 8:44pm
- North Face Wetterhorn Peak
Mar 19, 2018; 12:23pm
- North Face, Mt Whitney-Hammerless solo FA? 1971
Mar 18, 2018; 7:17pm
- My summer in Patagonia...with a wee bit of climbing
Mar 18, 2018; 11:08am
- 2018-02 Bushwhacking to Strawberry Peak (SoCal)
Mar 17, 2018; 3:35pm
- Line in the Sand (Cottontail Tower, Fisher Towers) TR
Mar 17, 2018; 5:06am
- Video: Ice climbing in Rjukan
Mar 16, 2018; 12:39am
- Oldsmobile 442
Mar 09, 2018; 1:13pm
- The Best Day of Climbing Ever
Mar 05, 2018; 7:48am
- Piedra Parada
Mar 02, 2018; 10:45pm
- Taking The Chise
Feb 28, 2018; 10:34pm
- The Junk Show Takes On Red Rocks - Video
Feb 28, 2018; 12:37pm
- View more trip reports >