YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Great White North - Angel's Crest full conditions ascent.
Jul 04, 2015; 11:58pm
- Southeast Asia Ongoing Trip: Thailand, Cambodia Down - Now Vietnam!
Jul 04, 2015; 10:23am
- Sea of Dreams
Jul 04, 2015; 5:14am
- Uncle Burchey learns you fire (your welcome)
Jul 03, 2015; 5:16pm
- Cathedral Peak (July 1, 2015)
Jul 03, 2015; 4:07pm
- Yet more on our route by the sea.
Jul 03, 2015; 1:57pm
- Ericsson Crag # 3 - (First Ascent of) Turn Down For What (1,400 ft - IV 5.10) - TOO MANY PHOTOS!
Jul 03, 2015; 1:36pm
- Hey Now, Well Now
Jul 03, 2015; 11:40am
- Spring Spray-A-Thon Part I
Jul 03, 2015; 8:29am
- Some alpine rock climbing in the Austrian limestone alps
Jul 03, 2015; 1:50am
- To the Perch!
Jul 02, 2015; 11:04am
- Unicorn Peak - Direct North Face (5.8 A3..or 5.9+ish)
Jul 02, 2015; 8:40am
- Lurking Fear solo - My first time up the Captain
Jul 01, 2015; 4:08pm
- Raising the next generation of adventurers-in and around Yosemite with a 6 year old and an infant
Jul 01, 2015; 12:15pm
- Begguya, N. Buttress: Deprivation and the French Route, May 2015
Jul 01, 2015; 10:20am
- View more trip reports >