YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- The Direct Line (39 pitches 5.13+, El Cap)
Jan 17, 2018; 2:40pm
- In Aysen Patagonia the trick is getting to the climb
Jan 16, 2018; 1:55pm
- The “Thang” with Mike Carr
Jan 16, 2018; 1:52pm
- A Winter Traverse of the California section of the PCT Part 6
Jan 15, 2018; 2:08pm
- A Winter Traverse of the California section of the PCT Part 4
Jan 13, 2018; 6:28pm
- If you like Off Width, You'll Love Tradewinds on the Hulk
Jan 13, 2018; 1:46pm
- Wag Bag Therapy
Jan 13, 2018; 12:20pm
- A Winter Traverse of the California section of the PCT Part 5
Jan 13, 2018; 6:38am
- A Winter Traverse of the California section of the PCT Part 3
Jan 12, 2018; 9:07pm
- Line in the Sand (Cottontail Tower, Fisher Towers) TR
Jan 12, 2018; 8:41pm
- A Winter Traverse of the California section of the PCT Part 2
Jan 12, 2018; 6:08am
- A winter traverse of the CA section of the PCT 2015-16 Part 1
Jan 12, 2018; 5:40am
- "The Tortoise and the Hare" : Six Days on The Nose
Jan 11, 2018; 7:07pm
- Snowshoeing the Elk Mtns with Charlie
Jan 09, 2018; 11:05pm
- American 1975 Karakoram Expedition - an exercise in futility
Jan 07, 2018; 3:41pm
- View more trip reports >