YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- The Super-Story of the Nose gettin' picked and ticked.
Aug 22, 2014; 2:25am
- Cathedrals Travers
Aug 22, 2014; 12:57am
- The First Ascent of the Needle's Eye
Aug 21, 2014; 11:54pm
- Kings Canyon Bifecta!
Aug 21, 2014; 11:48pm
- Palisade Crest N-S Traverse (IV, 5.8)
Aug 21, 2014; 11:00pm
- Samurai Warrior on Bubbs Creek Wall
Aug 21, 2014; 8:23pm
- Anti-radness (i.e. family fun) in La Vigilancia
Aug 21, 2014; 8:05pm
- The Last Hurrah.......
Aug 21, 2014; 6:24pm
- Tahoe Tourons 32nd Wedding Anniversary Ascent
Aug 21, 2014; 2:22pm
- Califoria's 14ers. Human Powered FKT approach
Aug 21, 2014; 8:03am
- Saber Ridge / Angel Wings with Peter Croft: New Routes
Aug 20, 2014; 11:30pm
- climbing in the swiss alps
Aug 20, 2014; 6:05pm
- Climbing the Dent du Géant: unabridged version to one of Cham's most scenic peaks
Aug 20, 2014; 3:13pm
- South Howser Tower (Beckey-Chouinard)
Aug 19, 2014; 7:34pm
- "Goliath" The intimidator on Yosemite's Lost Brother
Aug 19, 2014; 6:36pm
- View more trip reports >