YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Gym Climber's Guide to Patagonia
Feb 10, 2016; 7:40pm
- Carson Peak Winter Ascent
Feb 10, 2016; 8:32am
- SKI WAX!!!
Feb 09, 2016; 8:45am
- Saline Valley, The Saline Wall
Feb 08, 2016; 8:28pm
- Eastern Honduras Exploration
Feb 08, 2016; 7:29pm
- Katharsis (Troll Wall, January-February 2015). The last wall of the Big Wall Alpine Trilogy
Feb 05, 2016; 3:06pm
- Losing Our Marbles on Obscure Yosemite Offwidth: The Way Kim and I Survived Basketcase
Feb 04, 2016; 4:02pm
- Aborted Solo on Mediterraneo: 1 Bathook, 45' of Whip and 12 Years of Regret
Feb 03, 2016; 2:19pm
- Bubbs Creek Wall - The Emperor (FA/FFA V 5.12- or 5.11 A0)
Feb 02, 2016; 3:50pm
- South Eagle Beak: A Tail of Two FAs
Feb 01, 2016; 8:30pm
- Salathe and Nose Link-up in 22 Hours
Feb 01, 2016; 3:59pm
- Backcountry (WAY back) skiing in Eastern Nevada
Jan 30, 2016; 2:36pm
- Chacraraju Este - Jaeger Route (ED1)
Jan 28, 2016; 10:06pm
- Moonage Daydream (Round 2) + Video
Jan 28, 2016; 5:01pm
- Swiss ArÍte-Living the Dream
Jan 28, 2016; 4:59pm
- View more trip reports >