YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Wadi Rum, Jordan
Feb 21, 2018; 11:11pm
- 2018-01 Pat and Jack Pinnacles via Superslacker Highway
Feb 21, 2018; 11:47am
- Dolomites on skis + St. Anton
Feb 21, 2018; 8:25am
- North Face, Mt Whitney-Hammerless solo FA? 1971
Feb 21, 2018; 8:01am
- Supermoon in Yosemite
Feb 20, 2018; 6:58am
- A Winter Traverse of the California section of the PCT Part 7
Feb 19, 2018; 11:00am
- Omi Tso Go
Feb 12, 2018; 9:28am
- Piedra Parada
Feb 12, 2018; 7:32am
- TR: A quick and bad one... but it's free (New Jack City)
Feb 10, 2018; 12:20pm
- TR: Roseanne, Tuolumne, with Mike Waugh et.al
Feb 09, 2018; 3:48pm
- Mike and Doug do the Designator.
Feb 08, 2018; 10:56am
- Thanksgiving 2012 TR
Feb 07, 2018; 9:26am
- Roseanne (Fairview Dome): "Excellent, but runout"
Feb 07, 2018; 9:01am
- TR: Hueco Tanks, Texas, 10/07
Feb 07, 2018; 8:56am
- In Aysen Patagonia the trick is getting to the climb
Feb 06, 2018; 7:52pm
- View more trip reports >