YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Smoke on the water, Fire in the sky
Jul 28, 2016; 7:01pm
- Getting High in Yosemite
Jul 28, 2016; 4:06pm
- The Lama Wrangler, the Cook, the Guidebook Author, Boston, the Luxumberger and his son, Harvard, the Counselor, and the Lizard.
Jul 28, 2016; 3:32pm
- You Want Climbing Lore - I'll Give You Climbing Lore
Jul 28, 2016; 10:18am
- Lotus Flower Tower
Jul 27, 2016; 2:17pm
- SUP Approach across Tenaya Lake to Climb Tenaya Peak
Jul 27, 2016; 8:56am
- Italy - Tre Cime di Lavaredo -doing it the Cassin`s way
Jul 25, 2016; 12:11pm
- Climbing Unknown Spain Southeast - Barranco del Fuerte
Jul 24, 2016; 8:24am
- Sea of Dreams
Jul 23, 2016; 2:46pm
- South Pillar By Moonlight (A Bedtime Story)
Jul 22, 2016; 3:30pm
- Puntalunya - Spanish sports climbing for climbers who can't crank real good
Jul 22, 2016; 2:30pm
- Middle Cathedral Rock--1974
Jul 22, 2016; 1:51pm
- South Seas, El Cap
Jul 20, 2016; 7:30am
- NE Butt of Higher Cathedral
Jul 17, 2016; 2:30pm
- The Rebolting and Rediscovery of Slick Rock Dome, Tahoe
Jul 17, 2016; 9:28am
- View more trip reports >