YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Tempest - October 2001
Dec 19, 2014; 12:13pm
- Half Dome with my daughter
Dec 19, 2014; 10:53am
- The Kaukulator and the Uprising
Dec 18, 2014; 6:26pm
- Type 2 Fun on the Shield with Whitemeat!
Dec 18, 2014; 2:35pm
- An Oddyssey to Shangri La (FA and an FFA in a little paradise)
Dec 18, 2014; 9:53am
- Lessons learned for Big Walls
Dec 18, 2014; 5:59am
- The Rostrummmmmmm
Dec 17, 2014; 9:48pm
- Hoffman's Thumb - Mt Hoffman w/ kids (added part 2 & vid, still need to add part 3)
Dec 17, 2014; 1:25pm
- Above Average Trip Report (The Meadows and Beyond)
Dec 17, 2014; 12:03pm
- Shiprock 1961
Dec 16, 2014; 8:15pm
- Castle Rock Spire With Roper and Powell 1962
Dec 16, 2014; 2:03pm
- My First Wall Climb: An Exercise in Determination
Dec 15, 2014; 7:32pm
- Great White North - Angel's Crest full conditions ascent.
Dec 15, 2014; 7:27am
- Continental Drifting
Dec 14, 2014; 8:52pm
- Ho Ho Ho
Dec 14, 2014; 6:58pm
- View more trip reports >