YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Half Dome RNWF by big wall ignorants
Jul 07, 2015; 6:31pm
- Hey Now, Well Now
Jul 07, 2015; 6:13pm
- Third Trip to Fresno Dome
Jul 07, 2015; 5:44pm
- Tenaya Peak -- Climbing with the wife
Jul 07, 2015; 5:41pm
- Shuteye Adventure Part 1: scouting with the niņo and his nino
Jul 07, 2015; 3:02pm
- FA Style Ascent Near Twin Lakes, Desolation Wilderness
Jul 07, 2015; 8:12am
Jul 06, 2015; 9:55pm
- Cathedral Peak (July 1, 2015)
Jul 06, 2015; 9:42pm
- Keeler Needle- Blood of the Monkey VI, 5.12 -16 pitches F.A. Moser, Ness: May 28, 2012-June 6, 2012
Jul 06, 2015; 8:58pm
- Not another Mike M Black Hills TR!
Jul 06, 2015; 6:16pm
- Some late season Canadian ice: various little climbs along with Curtain Call and the Polar Circus
Jul 06, 2015; 1:33pm
- Unicorn Peak - Direct North Face (5.8 A3..or 5.9+ish)
Jul 06, 2015; 12:12pm
- Raising the next generation of adventurers-in and around Yosemite with a 6 year old and an infant
Jul 05, 2015; 10:19pm
- When a (probable) First Ascent Goes Perfectly!
Jul 05, 2015; 1:30pm
- Southeast Asia Ongoing Trip: Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam - Now Laos!
Jul 05, 2015; 11:49am
- View more trip reports >