YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Not your typical Trip Report, RNWF of Half Dome
Aug 05, 2015; 12:09am
- Bubbs Creek Wall - The Emperor (FA/FFA V 5.12- or 5.11 A0)
Aug 05, 2015; 12:00am
- OT - Biking from Jasper to Montana
Aug 04, 2015; 5:46pm
- Downclimbing Slesse: An Epic (of sorts)
Aug 03, 2015; 3:57pm
- Ho Chi Minh Trail: Your Substitute RNWF Experience Awaits
Jul 31, 2015; 12:58pm
- Time for an Evolution
Jul 31, 2015; 12:21pm
- SE Asia Ongoing Trip: Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Brunei Down - Singapore Next!
Jul 31, 2015; 8:51am
- The hidden granite of the Exploradores Valley....It's waiting.
Jul 30, 2015; 7:34pm
- Four days in Capilla del Monte
Jul 30, 2015; 6:13pm
- Days around Rock Creek
Jul 30, 2015; 2:01pm
- Matterhorn Peak - North Arete
Jul 30, 2015; 12:56pm
- margaret lake, kirkwood lake, shealor lakes (and the rocks nearby)
Jul 29, 2015; 6:35pm
- It's a repost, don't get excited
Jul 29, 2015; 11:12am
- A n00bs guide to Tahoe
Jul 29, 2015; 10:47am
- The Sensei - A tale of freeing What's Up Bubb
Jul 28, 2015; 9:41pm
- View more trip reports >