YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Mini photo trip report: Levitation 29, Red Rock
Nov 22, 2017; 7:40pm
- My Second Wall, My First Solo ( The Prow)
Nov 22, 2017; 1:04pm
- Where Have All The Climbers Gone? (Squamish)
Nov 22, 2017; 12:50pm
- Getting to Eagle Wall, Red Rocks
Nov 21, 2017; 4:10pm
- Kalymnos III
Nov 21, 2017; 3:51am
- A bridge over the River Owen's: A Photo TR
Nov 20, 2017; 11:00am
- Mt. Carl Heller: Winter ascent of East Arete
Nov 20, 2017; 7:31am
- A Mere Mortal's Guide to Climbing the Nose. (Including my experiences with the rockfall on elcap)
Nov 17, 2017; 12:55pm
- Climbing in the Wadi Rum Desert of Jordan - March 2012
Nov 17, 2017; 10:59am
- 2017-07 Courtright swimming kayaking climbing hiking with friends
Nov 14, 2017; 7:04pm
- Desert dessert
Nov 13, 2017; 9:05pm
- Sauyr Zhotasy East. The Great Game, it aint over yet.
Nov 13, 2017; 5:16pm
- Half Dome - Regular Route - Big Backpack Strategy
Nov 13, 2017; 9:32am
- Spire 4
Nov 13, 2017; 9:03am
- Saline Valley, The Saline Wall
Nov 11, 2017; 12:10pm
- View more trip reports >