YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Summer Sailed In – Red Rock, Tuolumne, Sierra Eastside, and Zion - VERY photo intensive
Sep 17, 2014; 9:45am
- Sandra and Big Mike's **LIVE** Facelift Odyssey!!!
Sep 17, 2014; 9:33am
- Arctic Dream- Alaska HD Video
Sep 16, 2014; 7:47pm
- Mithral Dihedral, AWESOMENESS
Sep 16, 2014; 4:08pm
- Sewellymon's NE Yosemite Casual Backpack
Sep 16, 2014; 1:46pm
- TR 2010-06 Steck-Salathe on Sentinel
Sep 14, 2014; 6:24am
- New Lembert Dome route
Sep 12, 2014; 6:43pm
- Hooky Wednesday: Cardinal Pinnacle Sneak.
Sep 12, 2014; 6:41pm
- Playing Hooky from Work: A Solo Ascent of Geochronology Wall (I, C2, cl.3)
Sep 12, 2014; 12:38pm
- OT in the Heartland: 9/11/14
Sep 12, 2014; 7:18am
- Southern Arete, Painted Wall, Black Canyon, Colorado
Sep 11, 2014; 7:20pm
- "We have to buy chicken wire?" A Bugs TR
Sep 11, 2014; 9:40am
- Regular NW Face of Half Dome in a day beta
Sep 10, 2014; 11:54pm
- Mt. Humphreys Northwest Arete - Labor Day
Sep 10, 2014; 3:12pm
- May Valley Pilgrimage
Sep 10, 2014; 1:56pm
- View more trip reports >