YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Ancient Gold, a Suicide Rock TR
Apr 23, 2018; 8:00pm
- Soloing Independence Rock
Apr 23, 2018; 7:16pm
- Am Buachaille sea stack vid!
Apr 23, 2018; 4:53pm
- West Fork Ruth - DNB Rooster Comb
Apr 23, 2018; 4:11pm
- 2018-04 Grand Canyon (150mi to Matkatamiba)
Apr 23, 2018; 11:07am
- Salathe and Nose Link-up in 22 Hours
Apr 22, 2018; 2:29pm
- Indian Creek Spring Break
Apr 22, 2018; 11:20am
- Serenity/Sons, Is It Wrong? (Photo TR)
Apr 20, 2018; 11:52am
- The Shaft (Part 2/2 trip report)
Apr 20, 2018; 1:07am
- Spire 4
Apr 19, 2018; 8:27pm
- Spring: From Brittle Ice to Splitter Sandstone
Apr 18, 2018; 7:26pm
- Machete Direct 5.8R A1, III
Apr 17, 2018; 7:28pm
- The Shaft / Muir free variation
Apr 16, 2018; 4:05am
- NE Butt of Higher Cathedral
Apr 15, 2018; 9:59am
- A walk on the wild slide with Johnny Dawes!
Apr 13, 2018; 7:31am
- View more trip reports >