YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Wind Rivers. 1969
Feb 01, 2015; 5:44pm
- Superflow Sunday
Feb 01, 2015; 4:44pm
- Lurking fear in the rain
Feb 01, 2015; 3:17pm
- North Buttress AK report from May 2014
Feb 01, 2015; 2:32pm
- "Aste Route" North Ridge 5.11 (org. VI- A1), 800 m, J. Ajazzi, Armando Aste, Castati, Nando Nusdeo, Vasco Taldo, 1963
Feb 01, 2015; 10:30am
- Pikes Peak's Pangborn's Pinnacle
Feb 01, 2015; 7:23am
- Bushido (Great Trango Tower, August 2013)
Feb 01, 2015; 6:00am
- 2012_06 Arroyo Seco River Adventure - Hiking/Scrambling/Swimming with Kids
Jan 30, 2015; 7:24pm
- royal arches crest jewel linkup 5/09 with the wife
Jan 30, 2015; 11:29am
- The DEER Route - A Yosemite Reverse Spelunking Adventure
Jan 29, 2015; 5:14pm
- TR HalfDome in a day: Man it sher gits dark early in October
Jan 29, 2015; 3:54pm
- Gold Wall tr 3/08
Jan 29, 2015; 3:53pm
- 7 Wonders of the World in 13 Days
Jan 29, 2015; 12:06pm
- Pinnacles in the New Year (Part 2)
Jan 28, 2015; 9:05pm
- California climbing
Jan 28, 2015; 3:13pm
- View more trip reports >