YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- ALMSCLIFF, ARMSCLIFF - A GRITSTONE JEWEL; SOME HISTORY, RECOLLECTIONS AND A TRIP REPORT
May 27, 2017; 9:10am
- The night I topped out on the nose
May 26, 2017; 10:34pm
- More New Boulders! Yosemite
May 26, 2017; 10:11pm
- North Face Wetterhorn Peak
May 26, 2017; 4:05pm
- North Buttress of Middle Cathedral
May 26, 2017; 2:44pm
- Afternoon Bouldering with a Golden Age Crack Master
May 26, 2017; 11:54am
- Zenyatta Mondatta Photo TR -10/08
May 24, 2017; 10:36am
- Evolution Basin Ski Tour with Pulmonary Edema and Helo Evac
May 23, 2017; 9:47pm
- South Ridge of Gimli Peak - A Lesser-Known Canadian Classic
May 23, 2017; 5:52pm
- How I flew from the nest, or using a hammer to start a microbus...
May 23, 2017; 5:47pm
- Abbey Tower--boats, bats, lightning bolts
May 23, 2017; 3:05pm
- Pigeon Spire (W Ridge)
May 23, 2017; 8:18am
- Three Blind Dates in Las Vegas
May 17, 2017; 5:16pm
- Saline Valley, The Saline Wall
May 16, 2017; 1:04pm
- The First Ascent of Riverside Tower
May 16, 2017; 8:51am
- View more trip reports >