YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Finding Fear - Gulf Stream Solo
Apr 24, 2017; 10:10am
- Getting High in Yosemite
Apr 24, 2017; 10:09am
- March for Science -
Apr 24, 2017; 8:02am
- A Winter Traverse of the California section of the PCT Part 2
Apr 24, 2017; 6:39am
- The Valhalla Traverse (II, cl. 3-4, falling rock & ice hazard) (Carryover Day 1)
Apr 20, 2017; 11:55am
- Half Dome Reggae and El Cap West Face Free In-a-Day
Apr 19, 2017; 2:20pm
- A springtime skitour in the Swiss alps – Oberalpstock – Gross Düssi
Apr 18, 2017; 1:35pm
- Moosedrool Climbs with an Old Llamero
Apr 12, 2017; 8:27pm
- Eating, Painting, and Climbing through Cuba
Apr 12, 2017; 7:53am
- TR - Needles, Courtright Reservoir & Tuolumne Meadows...
Apr 11, 2017; 9:01pm
- 2011-01 El Cap Base, breaking in a newbie
Apr 11, 2017; 8:33am
- A winter traverse of the CA section of the PCT 2015-16 Part 1
Apr 11, 2017; 5:58am
- Continental Drifting
Apr 10, 2017; 4:35pm
- Lizard Head in Winter with Charlie Pitts
Apr 10, 2017; 2:46pm
- Lotus Flower Tower 2016
Apr 09, 2017; 12:34pm
- View more trip reports >