YOSAR Sentinel Rock Yosemite Rescue on June 17, 2014
Friday June 20, 2014 1:49pm
I was there at the meadow across from Church Bowl. Saw the YOSAR team on the ground, then captured HD video of helicopter landing after second drop-off of rescue team on Sentinel Rock to secure the 1 injured climber.
Captured HD video of helicopter taking off to go retrieve injured climber from Sentinel Rock area.
Captured HD video of YOSAR helicopter returning from retrieval, and climber on line in air, along with YOSAR team's initial catch of climber in basket.
Saw the rescued climber sit up in basket before transferring to vehicle.
I'm able to provide video and photos to those 2 climbers. Contact me if you're them. Hoping all okay.
||About the Author
Mr Eb is a trad climber from California.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Climbers save their country! (Yes this is damn on-topic)
Jul 25, 2017; 9:53am
- Spire 4
Jul 25, 2017; 8:54am
- What Happened on the Mountain..
Jul 24, 2017; 6:04pm
- Castle Dome - FA of the Southeast ArÍte (IV, 5.10) WARNING: Many photos
Jul 24, 2017; 11:09am
- I took my novice-climber girlfriend up the Leaning Tower - Part 2
Jul 24, 2017; 7:55am
- Donini at The City of Rocks: Climbing as a Lifetime Sport!
Jul 23, 2017; 12:49pm
- A scorching July 4th climb up Moonlight Buttress
Jul 23, 2017; 10:37am
- Lone Pine Peak - North Ridge - July 4th 2017
Jul 23, 2017; 8:57am
- Complete Exum Ridge of the Grand Teton (III, 5.7)
Jul 23, 2017; 8:56am
- Reach For A Peach, Tuolumne Meadows
Jul 22, 2017; 10:02pm
- Amick and BVB go to Joshua Tree
Jul 22, 2017; 9:18am
- A jumarless Nose with my son
Jul 20, 2017; 2:47pm
- BVB at Joshua Tree Trip Report
Jul 20, 2017; 12:29pm
- Fitz Roy w/ F-load of Photos
Jul 19, 2017; 1:05pm
- I took my novice climber girlfriend up a big wall...
Jul 18, 2017; 11:23pm
- View more trip reports >