I wonder what a trip report is.
On 2 July 2011, I and a colleague climber, walked out the back door of the world headquarters of the prestigious Alaskan Alpine Club, fired up the Mountain Dragon fire pit, uncorked a superlative bottle of Ilona 2000 wine, lit up fine maduro cigars (legal in Alaska), and sat around telling climbing stories and swatting mosquitoes.
Well, short trip, but therefore efficiently carried out.
Now, if this section were related to climbing reports, I might have to report on a climb, but there are climbs, and trips, and it behooves one to know the twixt betweenst them.
There we were mind you, and it was desperate indeed, albeit as usual. It was in the dark of night, in the dead of winter, lost amid gaping crevasses on the Black Rapids Glacier, stumbling against the screaming wind, the mountains towering above, and the storm raged. Exposed flesh freezes in seconds, you know. To this very day I am not sure that we survived. Ah, but that was just another climbing thing, not a trip report. Where is the climbing report page?
||About the Author
Doug Buchanan is a mountain climber from Fairbanks Alaska.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Three Amigos on the Triple Direct
Aug 30, 2015; 9:43pm
- A SLICK ROCK Adventure in Idaho with a single Blue Camalot Belay.
Aug 30, 2015; 8:44pm
- pigs on the wing, 5.10A x
Aug 30, 2015; 7:34pm
- Visiting Pete & Connie Sinclair
Aug 30, 2015; 4:10pm
- Big Adventure in the Benton Crags, a Story of Failure and Redemption
Aug 29, 2015; 8:41pm
- High Eastside Obscure Golden's and Such... Going High, Deep and Stripping for Peace & Serenity.
Aug 29, 2015; 8:25pm
- Enchanted babies on acid, or a long day in the enchantments.
Aug 29, 2015; 5:34pm
- First Ascent of the Granite Creek Spire ! ! ! A virgin Sierra summit ! ! ! !
Aug 29, 2015; 10:47am
- Northwest Face of South Early Winter Spires (SEWS)
Aug 28, 2015; 12:47pm
- An Oddyssey to Shangri La (FA and an FFA in a little paradise)
Aug 27, 2015; 8:04pm
- Quick Out-and-back to Dusy Basin (OT?)
Aug 26, 2015; 10:40pm
- The Climbing Doctor Goes to China
Aug 26, 2015; 7:22pm
- If At First You Don't Succeed. Cirque Traverse, Cirque of the Towers, Wind River Range, WY
Aug 26, 2015; 5:59pm
- Summer in the Sierra: Storming Castles part 1
Aug 26, 2015; 11:15am
- Mt Emerson -- Alpine fun
Aug 26, 2015; 7:26am
- View more trip reports >