I wonder what a trip report is.
On 2 July 2011, I and a colleague climber, walked out the back door of the world headquarters of the prestigious Alaskan Alpine Club, fired up the Mountain Dragon fire pit, uncorked a superlative bottle of Ilona 2000 wine, lit up fine maduro cigars (legal in Alaska), and sat around telling climbing stories and swatting mosquitoes.
Well, short trip, but therefore efficiently carried out.
Now, if this section were related to climbing reports, I might have to report on a climb, but there are climbs, and trips, and it behooves one to know the twixt betweenst them.
There we were mind you, and it was desperate indeed, albeit as usual. It was in the dark of night, in the dead of winter, lost amid gaping crevasses on the Black Rapids Glacier, stumbling against the screaming wind, the mountains towering above, and the storm raged. Exposed flesh freezes in seconds, you know. To this very day I am not sure that we survived. Ah, but that was just another climbing thing, not a trip report. Where is the climbing report page?
||About the Author
Doug Buchanan is a mountain climber from Fairbanks Alaska.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- 1st Ascent "The Arsonist" Burning up the North Face of Fairview Dome
Aug 28, 2016; 12:53pm
- Summer in Tuolumne
Aug 28, 2016; 12:34pm
- 6 Days off trail in the High Sierra: Ionian Basin, Tunemah and Martha Lakes, Goddard Creek Canyon
Aug 28, 2016; 11:38am
- My First Big Wall, RNWF of Half Dome, with a Stranger
Aug 24, 2016; 3:03pm
- Sport Chalet - the Emotional Rollercoaster
Aug 24, 2016; 7:58am
- Tangerine Trip: A Trip report
Aug 23, 2016; 6:47pm
- Jungfrau by fair means
Aug 23, 2016; 5:47pm
- Return to Watchtower Peak, FA Northeast Ridge
Aug 22, 2016; 10:23am
- Direct SE Face of Clyde Minaret (IV, 5.9+)
Aug 20, 2016; 3:19pm
- The Reticent Wall
Aug 20, 2016; 6:28am
- Emigrant Labor - A First Ascent Journey through the Emigrant Wilderness
Aug 19, 2016; 12:05am
- Losing Our Marbles on Obscure Yosemite Offwidth: The Way Kim and I Survived Basketcase
Aug 18, 2016; 11:19am
- Into the Gaping Maw, a tale of Basket Case, the Astroman of Offwidth.
Aug 18, 2016; 11:19am
- TEHIPITE VALLEY PART II: the biggest unclimbed wall in California
Aug 17, 2016; 2:00pm
- Into the womb of the Crack of Doom.
Aug 17, 2016; 12:52pm
- View more trip reports >