I wonder what a trip report is.
On 2 July 2011, I and a colleague climber, walked out the back door of the world headquarters of the prestigious Alaskan Alpine Club, fired up the Mountain Dragon fire pit, uncorked a superlative bottle of Ilona 2000 wine, lit up fine maduro cigars (legal in Alaska), and sat around telling climbing stories and swatting mosquitoes.
Well, short trip, but therefore efficiently carried out.
Now, if this section were related to climbing reports, I might have to report on a climb, but there are climbs, and trips, and it behooves one to know the twixt betweenst them.
There we were mind you, and it was desperate indeed, albeit as usual. It was in the dark of night, in the dead of winter, lost amid gaping crevasses on the Black Rapids Glacier, stumbling against the screaming wind, the mountains towering above, and the storm raged. Exposed flesh freezes in seconds, you know. To this very day I am not sure that we survived. Ah, but that was just another climbing thing, not a trip report. Where is the climbing report page?
||About the Author
Doug Buchanan is a mountain climber from Fairbanks Alaska.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Miniature Adventures in our back yard – a winter climb in the Jura mountains, Switzerland
Jan 23, 2017; 1:37am
- Castleton Tower with Jimmy Newberry
Jan 21, 2017; 9:38am
- Eiger 3970m - via Mittellegi!
Jan 20, 2017; 4:05am
- East Face Clyde Minaret
Jan 19, 2017; 9:00pm
- A sweet place......
Jan 19, 2017; 8:29pm
- **TRAINING FOR & THEN CLIMBING an AWESOME 8839 meter (28,999 Ft.) TROPICAL VOLCANO!**
Jan 18, 2017; 10:47pm
- Playing Hooky from Work: A Solo Ascent of Geochronology Wall (I, C2, cl.3)
Jan 18, 2017; 10:46pm
- Balch Fest 2013. Two Days in and Around and On The Flake. The Official Trip Report
Jan 17, 2017; 3:54pm
- Fall in the Desert
Jan 16, 2017; 4:11pm
- New River Boulders - Bend OR
Jan 13, 2017; 4:13pm
- Secret Wall.. off Highway 50 /near Desolation Wilderness
Jan 13, 2017; 8:38am
- Xialongrezha 5625m: Standing Room Only coulouir, west face
Jan 12, 2017; 8:05pm
- Two December days at THE NEEDLES
Jan 12, 2017; 2:29pm
- Wet Denim is a great solo warm up for soloing on the Captain.
Jan 11, 2017; 8:12am
- CR and Panama - Many photos with a little climbing [TR]
Jan 10, 2017; 8:54am
- View more trip reports >