I wonder what a trip report is.
On 2 July 2011, I and a colleague climber, walked out the back door of the world headquarters of the prestigious Alaskan Alpine Club, fired up the Mountain Dragon fire pit, uncorked a superlative bottle of Ilona 2000 wine, lit up fine maduro cigars (legal in Alaska), and sat around telling climbing stories and swatting mosquitoes.
Well, short trip, but therefore efficiently carried out.
Now, if this section were related to climbing reports, I might have to report on a climb, but there are climbs, and trips, and it behooves one to know the twixt betweenst them.
There we were mind you, and it was desperate indeed, albeit as usual. It was in the dark of night, in the dead of winter, lost amid gaping crevasses on the Black Rapids Glacier, stumbling against the screaming wind, the mountains towering above, and the storm raged. Exposed flesh freezes in seconds, you know. To this very day I am not sure that we survived. Ah, but that was just another climbing thing, not a trip report. Where is the climbing report page?
||About the Author
Doug Buchanan is a mountain climber from Fairbanks Alaska.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Kings Canyon Bifecta!
Jul 29, 2014; 5:59pm
- This is what you get when you let me plan your bachelor party-Shuteye Ridge adventure
Jul 29, 2014; 5:28pm
- First ascent of Polaris, Squamish BC
Jul 29, 2014; 3:51pm
- Mt Emerson (SE Face) Scramble with Extra Ridge Variations
Jul 29, 2014; 2:34pm
- Win some, Lose some. A Tetons TR.
Jul 29, 2014; 1:00pm
- Trad neophyte on Venusian Blind
Jul 29, 2014; 10:08am
- My Up And Down Life, Disaster Master
Jul 29, 2014; 8:39am
- Cathedral Peak- The hard way
Jul 29, 2014; 8:35am
- small granite BUT good granite - the Swiss GraŁbunden area
Jul 29, 2014; 7:41am
- humboldt, the east side, high sierra, vegas, and back.
Jul 29, 2014; 12:31am
- Time for an Evolution
Jul 28, 2014; 10:44pm
- Castle Dome - FA of the Southeast ArÍte (IV, 5.10) WARNING: Many photos
Jul 28, 2014; 7:49pm
- Tres escaladores mas tonto que todo en "La Cierta Edad" Red Rock 5.10 - Redux
Jul 28, 2014; 3:58pm
- Mt. Baker and Rebel Yell on Chianti Spire
Jul 28, 2014; 3:35pm
- 3 Weeks in Iceland - Horses, Glaciers, Hot Springs, Lava, and Rain (Update 2)
Jul 28, 2014; 11:50am
- View more trip reports >