I wonder what a trip report is.
On 2 July 2011, I and a colleague climber, walked out the back door of the world headquarters of the prestigious Alaskan Alpine Club, fired up the Mountain Dragon fire pit, uncorked a superlative bottle of Ilona 2000 wine, lit up fine maduro cigars (legal in Alaska), and sat around telling climbing stories and swatting mosquitoes.
Well, short trip, but therefore efficiently carried out.
Now, if this section were related to climbing reports, I might have to report on a climb, but there are climbs, and trips, and it behooves one to know the twixt betweenst them.
There we were mind you, and it was desperate indeed, albeit as usual. It was in the dark of night, in the dead of winter, lost amid gaping crevasses on the Black Rapids Glacier, stumbling against the screaming wind, the mountains towering above, and the storm raged. Exposed flesh freezes in seconds, you know. To this very day I am not sure that we survived. Ah, but that was just another climbing thing, not a trip report. Where is the climbing report page?
||About the Author
Doug Buchanan is a mountain climber from Fairbanks Alaska.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- The 56 year old Desert Virgin! aka Rick's first trip to the land of towers...
Apr 29, 2016; 6:21am
- The First Vedauwoo Sushifest
Apr 29, 2016; 5:17am
- a little road trip in Sardinia
Apr 28, 2016; 11:59pm
- Lost Arrow Chimney Trip Report 9/19/09
Apr 28, 2016; 10:13pm
- Unemployment Line on Mt. Broderick - Another MUST-DO Yosemite gem!
Apr 28, 2016; 2:02pm
- Zenyatta Mondatta Photo TR -10/08
Apr 27, 2016; 4:03pm
- The Haute Route, Chamonix to Zermatt
Apr 27, 2016; 10:11am
- My first visit to Hawaii, county of Kauai
Apr 23, 2016; 7:45pm
- Even more amazing than I hoped (and my hopes were pretty high)-Cosmic Wall, Castle Crags
Apr 23, 2016; 8:55am
- Spaceshot and Moonlight Buttress
Apr 22, 2016; 4:27pm
- Squamish: Pies, Crimes and #3 Lies
Apr 22, 2016; 3:07am
- Compressor Route of Cerro Torre, Patagonia - February 2008 (pre-chopping)
Apr 21, 2016; 8:50pm
- Heckmaier route on Eiger (spring 2007)
Apr 21, 2016; 6:31pm
- Text Message Trip Report of Art Baker Memorial (Serious Responses Only Please)
Apr 21, 2016; 1:52pm
- 7 fun new pitches and too many pictures in Sequoia
Apr 21, 2016; 9:06am
- View more trip reports >