I wonder what a trip report is.
On 2 July 2011, I and a colleague climber, walked out the back door of the world headquarters of the prestigious Alaskan Alpine Club, fired up the Mountain Dragon fire pit, uncorked a superlative bottle of Ilona 2000 wine, lit up fine maduro cigars (legal in Alaska), and sat around telling climbing stories and swatting mosquitoes.
Well, short trip, but therefore efficiently carried out.
Now, if this section were related to climbing reports, I might have to report on a climb, but there are climbs, and trips, and it behooves one to know the twixt betweenst them.
There we were mind you, and it was desperate indeed, albeit as usual. It was in the dark of night, in the dead of winter, lost amid gaping crevasses on the Black Rapids Glacier, stumbling against the screaming wind, the mountains towering above, and the storm raged. Exposed flesh freezes in seconds, you know. To this very day I am not sure that we survived. Ah, but that was just another climbing thing, not a trip report. Where is the climbing report page?
||About the Author
Doug Buchanan is a mountain climber from Fairbanks Alaska.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- What better way to cement your role as forum D-bag...
May 24, 2015; 8:29pm
- Oceania and South East Asia Ongoing Trip!
May 24, 2015; 10:29am
- 3 Days in Red Rocks!
May 24, 2015; 7:44am
- The Minivan Mountaineers
May 23, 2015; 4:42pm
- Two Dudes And A Ridge. A Lepton Sighting.
May 23, 2015; 10:30am
- (TR) I Love the Desert
May 23, 2015; 2:55am
- New Speed Record To Sickle Ledge. And A Supertopo Lurker Encounter. A lil TR.
May 20, 2015; 1:36pm
- Supertopo Indian Creek Gathering - NO REST FOR THE WICKED!
May 20, 2015; 9:17am
- Castle Rock Spire - FFA of the Direct East Face (III+ 5.11Burly)!!!!
May 20, 2015; 8:21am
- The Valley little sister
May 20, 2015; 4:55am
- The Alaskans Crash the Tom Gilje Fundraiser
May 17, 2015; 2:18am
- Climbing the Elb river. Elbsandsteingebirge
May 16, 2015; 11:54am
- Some late season Canadian ice: various little climbs along with Curtain Call and the Polar Circus
May 16, 2015; 11:48am
- Retro Climbing Report: the Nose in 1990. by mynameismud
May 15, 2015; 5:35pm
- Eeyonkee and Lucille, a wild Weekend
May 15, 2015; 1:54pm
- View more trip reports >