I wonder what a trip report is.
On 2 July 2011, I and a colleague climber, walked out the back door of the world headquarters of the prestigious Alaskan Alpine Club, fired up the Mountain Dragon fire pit, uncorked a superlative bottle of Ilona 2000 wine, lit up fine maduro cigars (legal in Alaska), and sat around telling climbing stories and swatting mosquitoes.
Well, short trip, but therefore efficiently carried out.
Now, if this section were related to climbing reports, I might have to report on a climb, but there are climbs, and trips, and it behooves one to know the twixt betweenst them.
There we were mind you, and it was desperate indeed, albeit as usual. It was in the dark of night, in the dead of winter, lost amid gaping crevasses on the Black Rapids Glacier, stumbling against the screaming wind, the mountains towering above, and the storm raged. Exposed flesh freezes in seconds, you know. To this very day I am not sure that we survived. Ah, but that was just another climbing thing, not a trip report. Where is the climbing report page?
||About the Author
Doug Buchanan is a mountain climber from Fairbanks Alaska.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- A Short Walk With Lt. Levi
Nov 30, 2015; 2:23pm
- NW Regular - Climbed by Knot Swinging
Nov 30, 2015; 12:26pm
- Attempt on Moonflower Buttress, Mount Hunter
Nov 30, 2015; 12:12pm
- Supercanaleta on Fitz Roy, Patagonia (November 2013)
Nov 30, 2015; 9:33am
- Asura Peak FA, Gangga Range, NW Sichuan, China, Nov 2015
Nov 30, 2015; 8:55am
- First ascents in Kyrgyzstan
Nov 29, 2015; 3:34pm
- Attempt on Exocet, Cerro Standhart
Nov 29, 2015; 9:20am
- Attempt on the north face of Cholatse, Nepal
Nov 29, 2015; 9:13am
- Hypa Zypa Couloir on the Citadel in the Kichatna Range, Alaska
Nov 29, 2015; 7:49am
- Heckmaier route on Eiger (spring 2007)
Nov 29, 2015; 7:46am
- Ama Dablam in the Khumbu Valley, Nepal
Nov 28, 2015; 7:44pm
- Community of Yosemite Monkeys Rally! (for a paraplegic's dream of climbing a big wall)
Nov 28, 2015; 10:17am
- Cassin Ridge, Denali
Nov 28, 2015; 8:44am
- First ascent of Ren Zhong Feng, Sichuan Province, China.
Nov 27, 2015; 12:03pm
- Compressor Route of Cerro Torre, Patagonia - February 2008 (pre-chopping)
Nov 27, 2015; 9:12am
- View more trip reports >