I wonder what a trip report is.
On 2 July 2011, I and a colleague climber, walked out the back door of the world headquarters of the prestigious Alaskan Alpine Club, fired up the Mountain Dragon fire pit, uncorked a superlative bottle of Ilona 2000 wine, lit up fine maduro cigars (legal in Alaska), and sat around telling climbing stories and swatting mosquitoes.
Well, short trip, but therefore efficiently carried out.
Now, if this section were related to climbing reports, I might have to report on a climb, but there are climbs, and trips, and it behooves one to know the twixt betweenst them.
There we were mind you, and it was desperate indeed, albeit as usual. It was in the dark of night, in the dead of winter, lost amid gaping crevasses on the Black Rapids Glacier, stumbling against the screaming wind, the mountains towering above, and the storm raged. Exposed flesh freezes in seconds, you know. To this very day I am not sure that we survived. Ah, but that was just another climbing thing, not a trip report. Where is the climbing report page?
||About the Author
Doug Buchanan is a mountain climber from Fairbanks Alaska.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Sea of Dreams
Jul 04, 2015; 5:14am
- Uncle Burchey learns you fire (your welcome)
Jul 03, 2015; 5:16pm
- Cathedral Peak (July 1, 2015)
Jul 03, 2015; 4:07pm
- Great White North - Angel's Crest full conditions ascent.
Jul 03, 2015; 2:40pm
- Yet more on our route by the sea.
Jul 03, 2015; 1:57pm
- Ericsson Crag # 3 - (First Ascent of) Turn Down For What (1,400 ft - IV 5.10) - TOO MANY PHOTOS!
Jul 03, 2015; 1:36pm
- Hey Now, Well Now
Jul 03, 2015; 11:40am
- Spring Spray-A-Thon Part I
Jul 03, 2015; 8:29am
- Some alpine rock climbing in the Austrian limestone alps
Jul 03, 2015; 1:50am
- To the Perch!
Jul 02, 2015; 11:04am
- Unicorn Peak - Direct North Face (5.8 A3..or 5.9+ish)
Jul 02, 2015; 8:40am
- Southeast Asia Ongoing Trip: Thailand, Cambodia Down - Now Vietnam!
Jul 01, 2015; 7:14pm
- Lurking Fear solo - My first time up the Captain
Jul 01, 2015; 4:08pm
- Raising the next generation of adventurers-in and around Yosemite with a 6 year old and an infant
Jul 01, 2015; 12:15pm
- Begguya, N. Buttress: Deprivation and the French Route, May 2015
Jul 01, 2015; 10:20am
- View more trip reports >