I wonder what a trip report is.
On 2 July 2011, I and a colleague climber, walked out the back door of the world headquarters of the prestigious Alaskan Alpine Club, fired up the Mountain Dragon fire pit, uncorked a superlative bottle of Ilona 2000 wine, lit up fine maduro cigars (legal in Alaska), and sat around telling climbing stories and swatting mosquitoes.
Well, short trip, but therefore efficiently carried out.
Now, if this section were related to climbing reports, I might have to report on a climb, but there are climbs, and trips, and it behooves one to know the twixt betweenst them.
There we were mind you, and it was desperate indeed, albeit as usual. It was in the dark of night, in the dead of winter, lost amid gaping crevasses on the Black Rapids Glacier, stumbling against the screaming wind, the mountains towering above, and the storm raged. Exposed flesh freezes in seconds, you know. To this very day I am not sure that we survived. Ah, but that was just another climbing thing, not a trip report. Where is the climbing report page?
||About the Author
Doug Buchanan is a mountain climber from Fairbanks Alaska.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- California to Montana: Warm rock to brittle ice...
Jan 20, 2018; 10:57pm
- One day at Arch Rock [ ArchIAD]
Jan 19, 2018; 10:42am
- The Direct Line (39 pitches 5.13+, El Cap)
Jan 17, 2018; 2:40pm
- In Aysen Patagonia the trick is getting to the climb
Jan 16, 2018; 1:55pm
- The “Thang” with Mike Carr
Jan 16, 2018; 1:52pm
- A Winter Traverse of the California section of the PCT Part 6
Jan 15, 2018; 2:08pm
- A Winter Traverse of the California section of the PCT Part 4
Jan 13, 2018; 6:28pm
- If you like Off Width, You'll Love Tradewinds on the Hulk
Jan 13, 2018; 1:46pm
- Wag Bag Therapy
Jan 13, 2018; 12:20pm
- A Winter Traverse of the California section of the PCT Part 5
Jan 13, 2018; 6:38am
- A Winter Traverse of the California section of the PCT Part 3
Jan 12, 2018; 9:07pm
- Line in the Sand (Cottontail Tower, Fisher Towers) TR
Jan 12, 2018; 8:41pm
- A Winter Traverse of the California section of the PCT Part 2
Jan 12, 2018; 6:08am
- A winter traverse of the CA section of the PCT 2015-16 Part 1
Jan 12, 2018; 5:40am
- "The Tortoise and the Hare" : Six Days on The Nose
Jan 11, 2018; 7:07pm
- View more trip reports >