I wonder what a trip report is.
On 2 July 2011, I and a colleague climber, walked out the back door of the world headquarters of the prestigious Alaskan Alpine Club, fired up the Mountain Dragon fire pit, uncorked a superlative bottle of Ilona 2000 wine, lit up fine maduro cigars (legal in Alaska), and sat around telling climbing stories and swatting mosquitoes.
Well, short trip, but therefore efficiently carried out.
Now, if this section were related to climbing reports, I might have to report on a climb, but there are climbs, and trips, and it behooves one to know the twixt betweenst them.
There we were mind you, and it was desperate indeed, albeit as usual. It was in the dark of night, in the dead of winter, lost amid gaping crevasses on the Black Rapids Glacier, stumbling against the screaming wind, the mountains towering above, and the storm raged. Exposed flesh freezes in seconds, you know. To this very day I am not sure that we survived. Ah, but that was just another climbing thing, not a trip report. Where is the climbing report page?
||About the Author
Doug Buchanan is a mountain climber from Fairbanks Alaska.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Kalymnos III
Nov 19, 2017; 12:04pm
- Where Have All The Climbers Gone? (Squamish)
Nov 19, 2017; 9:14am
- A Mere Mortal's Guide to Climbing the Nose. (Including my experiences with the rockfall on elcap)
Nov 17, 2017; 12:55pm
- Climbing in the Wadi Rum Desert of Jordan - March 2012
Nov 17, 2017; 10:59am
- My Second Wall, My First Solo ( The Prow)
Nov 17, 2017; 4:00am
- 2017-07 Courtright swimming kayaking climbing hiking with friends
Nov 14, 2017; 7:04pm
- Desert dessert
Nov 13, 2017; 9:05pm
- Sauyr Zhotasy East. The Great Game, it aint over yet.
Nov 13, 2017; 5:16pm
- Half Dome - Regular Route - Big Backpack Strategy
Nov 13, 2017; 9:32am
- Spire 4
Nov 13, 2017; 9:03am
- Saline Valley, The Saline Wall
Nov 11, 2017; 12:10pm
- 2017-11 Sailing into the mystic above LA
Nov 08, 2017; 4:41pm
- Joffre + The Aemmer Couloir: ski descents come unexpected catharsis [part 1]
Nov 07, 2017; 8:09pm
- South Howser Tower (Beckey-Chouinard)
Nov 04, 2017; 9:08am
- Nootka Island: [two siblings,] a demiwolf, an octoquid, and a maybe baby orca.
Nov 02, 2017; 12:50pm
- View more trip reports >