Matterhorn Peak Direct North West Face Route
||About the Author
Will Oxx and Bob Shonerd, July, 2011. Many variations (still) exist. Rap anchors established on DNWF route. This line enables climbers to avoid MP's major loose rock section. Caution: every climb has loose rock potential. Although our ropes pulled easy and we were down to our boots in minutes - rap at your own risk.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- The Kaukulator and the Uprising
Dec 20, 2014; 6:14pm
- Arco and Sarcavalley in December?
Dec 20, 2014; 4:02pm
- Ho Ho Ho
Dec 20, 2014; 10:23am
- Tempest - October 2001
Dec 19, 2014; 9:50pm
- Half Dome with my daughter
Dec 19, 2014; 10:53am
- Type 2 Fun on the Shield with Whitemeat!
Dec 18, 2014; 2:35pm
- An Oddyssey to Shangri La (FA and an FFA in a little paradise)
Dec 18, 2014; 9:53am
- Lessons learned for Big Walls
Dec 18, 2014; 5:59am
- The Rostrummmmmmm
Dec 17, 2014; 9:48pm
- Hoffman's Thumb - Mt Hoffman w/ kids (added part 2 & vid, still need to add part 3)
Dec 17, 2014; 1:25pm
- Above Average Trip Report (The Meadows and Beyond)
Dec 17, 2014; 12:03pm
- Shiprock 1961
Dec 16, 2014; 8:15pm
- Castle Rock Spire With Roper and Powell 1962
Dec 16, 2014; 2:03pm
- My First Wall Climb: An Exercise in Determination
Dec 15, 2014; 7:32pm
- Great White North - Angel's Crest full conditions ascent.
Dec 15, 2014; 7:27am
- View more trip reports >