Matterhorn Peak Direct North West Face Route
||About the Author
Will Oxx and Bob Shonerd, July, 2011. Many variations (still) exist. Rap anchors established on DNWF route. This line enables climbers to avoid MP's major loose rock section. Caution: every climb has loose rock potential. Although our ropes pulled easy and we were down to our boots in minutes - rap at your own risk.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- My Second Wall, My First Solo ( The Prow)
Aug 19, 2017; 6:37pm
- Half Dome with 3 kids, Steck-Salathe with 4 kids
Aug 18, 2017; 12:44pm
- Evolution Traverse: How I Owe it All to an Apple
Aug 18, 2017; 11:12am
- 'Westie Face' Free with Alix Morris
Aug 18, 2017; 11:05am
- Poison Duck Tour of Denver – S. Platte River 2017
Aug 18, 2017; 9:09am
- Euros on granite - a.k.a. to jam or not to jam?
Aug 18, 2017; 6:21am
- Temple to Thunderbolt Traverse (5.9 V?, C2C) | Finding solace in plan B
Aug 17, 2017; 5:31pm
- Wind River TR - Cathedral Cirque
Aug 16, 2017; 3:53pm
- What Happened on the Mountain..
Aug 15, 2017; 4:03pm
- Barefoot Bouldering, Castle Rock State Park
Aug 14, 2017; 6:49pm
- Donini at The City of Rocks: Climbing as a Lifetime Sport!
Aug 14, 2017; 12:21pm
- My Climb with Andre: A Little Nukey for Old Guys
Aug 12, 2017; 8:30am
- Middle Palisade July 2016 | 2017 Update
Aug 08, 2017; 10:57am
- A Winter Traverse of the California section of the PCT Part 3
Aug 04, 2017; 9:47am
- 2017-07 Courtright swimming kayaking climbing hiking with friends
Aug 03, 2017; 10:01pm
- View more trip reports >