Matterhorn Peak Direct North West Face Route
||About the Author
Will Oxx and Bob Shonerd, July, 2011. Many variations (still) exist. Rap anchors established on DNWF route. This line enables climbers to avoid MP's major loose rock section. Caution: every climb has loose rock potential. Although our ropes pulled easy and we were down to our boots in minutes - rap at your own risk.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Castleton Tower with Jimmy Newberry
Jan 21, 2017; 9:38am
- Miniature Adventures in our back yard – a winter climb in the Jura mountains, Switzerland
Jan 20, 2017; 11:37am
- Eiger 3970m - via Mittellegi!
Jan 20, 2017; 4:05am
- East Face Clyde Minaret
Jan 19, 2017; 9:00pm
- A sweet place......
Jan 19, 2017; 8:29pm
- **TRAINING FOR & THEN CLIMBING an AWESOME 8839 meter (28,999 Ft.) TROPICAL VOLCANO!**
Jan 18, 2017; 10:47pm
- Playing Hooky from Work: A Solo Ascent of Geochronology Wall (I, C2, cl.3)
Jan 18, 2017; 10:46pm
- Balch Fest 2013. Two Days in and Around and On The Flake. The Official Trip Report
Jan 17, 2017; 3:54pm
- Fall in the Desert
Jan 16, 2017; 4:11pm
- New River Boulders - Bend OR
Jan 13, 2017; 4:13pm
- Secret Wall.. off Highway 50 /near Desolation Wilderness
Jan 13, 2017; 8:38am
- Xialongrezha 5625m: Standing Room Only coulouir, west face
Jan 12, 2017; 8:05pm
- Two December days at THE NEEDLES
Jan 12, 2017; 2:29pm
- Wet Denim is a great solo warm up for soloing on the Captain.
Jan 11, 2017; 8:12am
- CR and Panama - Many photos with a little climbing [TR]
Jan 10, 2017; 8:54am
- View more trip reports >