Matterhorn Peak Direct North West Face Route
||About the Author
Will Oxx and Bob Shonerd, July, 2011. Many variations (still) exist. Rap anchors established on DNWF route. This line enables climbers to avoid MP's major loose rock section. Caution: every climb has loose rock potential. Although our ropes pulled easy and we were down to our boots in minutes - rap at your own risk.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Sandra and Big Mike's **LIVE** Facelift Odyssey!!!
Sep 30, 2014; 7:41pm
- Hotline - 9.8.12
Sep 30, 2014; 4:34pm
- Central Asia Travel Report
Sep 30, 2014; 1:49pm
- My First Big Wall in One Bivy - Zodiac June 2014
Sep 30, 2014; 12:41pm
- A Sierran Retrospective: The 3rd Quarter in Review, July to September 2014
Sep 30, 2014; 8:40am
- Solo Winter Ascent of Mt Humphreys via SW Couloir & NW Ridge Descent
Sep 30, 2014; 7:46am
- Mt. Humphreys Northwest Arete - Labor Day
Sep 30, 2014; 7:36am
- "Goliath" The intimidator on Yosemite's Lost Brother
Sep 29, 2014; 7:00pm
- Pyramid Peak: Paul Ryan’s “Favorite Fourteener” or Fitness Fable?
Sep 29, 2014; 1:04pm
- The Geezers Vacation or the Last 14’er and the Mystery Bones
Sep 28, 2014; 9:04pm
- Castle Dome - FA of the Southeast Aręte (IV, 5.10) WARNING: Many photos
Sep 28, 2014; 7:39pm
- Califoria's 14ers. Human Powered FKT approach
Sep 28, 2014; 5:46pm
- Hoffman's Thumb - Mt Hoffman w/ kids
Sep 27, 2014; 6:09pm
- Two Dudes And A Ridge. A Lepton Sighting.
Sep 27, 2014; 11:51am
- Stoner's Highway 5.11.13
Sep 27, 2014; 6:29am
- View more trip reports >