Matterhorn Peak Direct North West Face Route
||About the Author
Will Oxx and Bob Shonerd, July, 2011. Many variations (still) exist. Rap anchors established on DNWF route. This line enables climbers to avoid MP's major loose rock section. Caution: every climb has loose rock potential. Although our ropes pulled easy and we were down to our boots in minutes - rap at your own risk.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Indian Creek Rocks
Dec 08, 2013; 5:57pm
- Fishhook Arete Attempt and Mt Russell Summit - Sept. 23, 2013
Dec 08, 2013; 3:06pm
- Pursuit of Bluebonnet Tower and the Lost Crystal Cave, Sawtooths, Idaho.
Dec 08, 2013; 10:33am
- Speed Record Ascent of Lost World via Squeeze Play
Dec 07, 2013; 9:29pm
- Scarface on Liberty Cap goes free!
Dec 07, 2013; 7:11pm
- Pinnacles -
Dec 07, 2013; 9:10am
- Drama on Baboquivari Peak
Dec 07, 2013; 9:02am
- Skully's second time ice climbing.
Dec 06, 2013; 9:55pm
- Unfinished Symphony, a Squamish classic- TRIAD
Dec 06, 2013; 10:02am
- Borderline/Angel's Crest/High Plains Drifter- 15p. Another Squamish classic. (TR)
Dec 06, 2013; 9:29am
- 7 day diary, time waits for no one- ANOTHER SIERRA/VALLEY TR
Dec 06, 2013; 9:27am
- Moonlight Buttress in November
Dec 06, 2013; 9:05am
- 7 fun new pitches and too many pictures in Sequoia
Dec 05, 2013; 7:20pm
- Where is this place?
Dec 05, 2013; 4:22pm
- Cumbia Cave: the Land of Giant Tufas
Dec 04, 2013; 11:55pm
- View more trip reports >