Matterhorn Peak Direct North West Face Route
||About the Author
Will Oxx and Bob Shonerd, July, 2011. Many variations (still) exist. Rap anchors established on DNWF route. This line enables climbers to avoid MP's major loose rock section. Caution: every climb has loose rock potential. Although our ropes pulled easy and we were down to our boots in minutes - rap at your own risk.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- A Tale of Choss and Chimney- The FFA of Hidden Chimney
Oct 20, 2017; 11:52am
- the ROMANTIC WARRIOR, First Ascent, 40 years ago, October, 1977
Oct 20, 2017; 10:49am
- TEHIPITE frickin' VALLEY
Oct 20, 2017; 8:18am
- A visit to Dubrovnik, some sailing in Croatia, & an Octoberfest Party on the way home.
Oct 20, 2017; 7:04am
- Piz Badile Via Cassin - Adventure and Tragedy in the Swiss Alps.
Oct 19, 2017; 7:18am
- Lone Pine --> Whitney --> White Mountain - Link up Hike & Bike Mega Push Adventures!
Oct 13, 2017; 5:09pm
- Part 2 of 2: Tribal Rite via New Dawn. 12 days on the Wall
Oct 13, 2017; 3:29pm
- A rookie’s solo ascent of the Zodiac - Oct 2012
Oct 13, 2017; 8:47am
- The Idiots Guide To Descending Lone Pine Peak
Oct 12, 2017; 11:29am
- Henson Creek Ice
Oct 12, 2017; 7:58am
- Tuolumne & East Side Fandango!
Oct 12, 2017; 6:39am
- 2017-09 Quick hit for White Mountains and Saline Valley
Oct 11, 2017; 4:16pm
- Right Angle - The 50th Anniversary Ascent!
Oct 11, 2017; 12:45am
- How I Learned to Climb the NIAD in 3 Days and 2 Nights
Oct 10, 2017; 7:29pm
- A Winter Traverse of the California section of the PCT Part 5
Oct 10, 2017; 12:03pm
- View more trip reports >