Matterhorn Peak Direct North West Face Route
||About the Author
Will Oxx and Bob Shonerd, July, 2011. Many variations (still) exist. Rap anchors established on DNWF route. This line enables climbers to avoid MP's major loose rock section. Caution: every climb has loose rock potential. Although our ropes pulled easy and we were down to our boots in minutes - rap at your own risk.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Rowell Tower - First Ascent of Full Nelson (IV - 1,200 ft, 5.10+ R)
May 04, 2016; 5:38pm
- Ama Dablam in the Khumbu Valley, Nepal
May 04, 2016; 2:28pm
- The Globe - FA of The Standing Ovation (1000 ft - III 5.10)
May 04, 2016; 1:00pm
- West Fork Ruth - DNB Rooster Comb
May 04, 2016; 12:34pm
- Bear Creek Spire (E Ridge) - An Overlooked Sierra Classic!
May 04, 2016; 12:31pm
- Gym Climber's Guide to Patagonia
May 04, 2016; 12:20pm
- Lower Cathedral Rock: Gym Climber's Guide to the East Buttress (IV 5.10c)
May 04, 2016; 10:57am
- An Oddyssey to Shangri La (FA and an FFA in a little paradise)
May 03, 2016; 9:59pm
- Lakeview Slab, Carson City
May 03, 2016; 11:52am
- Appetite for Desolation Tour - Owens Dry Lake Art and More.
May 02, 2016; 12:11pm
- Angel Wings - First Ascent on The Golden Pillar! (V 5.11+ C2)
May 01, 2016; 1:50pm
- Fairview Dome, Regular Route - Saturday, June 22 - Six Months Pregnant
May 01, 2016; 12:04pm
- Zenyatta Mondatta Photo TR -10/08
Apr 30, 2016; 8:33pm
- South Seas, El Cap
Apr 30, 2016; 2:31am
- The 56 year old Desert Virgin! aka Rick's first trip to the land of towers...
Apr 29, 2016; 6:48pm
- View more trip reports >