Matterhorn Peak Direct North West Face Route
||About the Author
Will Oxx and Bob Shonerd, July, 2011. Many variations (still) exist. Rap anchors established on DNWF route. This line enables climbers to avoid MP's major loose rock section. Caution: every climb has loose rock potential. Although our ropes pulled easy and we were down to our boots in minutes - rap at your own risk.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- TADMO BL Trips
Jun 24, 2017; 9:38am
- Mount Stuart Direct North Ridge via Gendarme, WA, (2015)
Jun 23, 2017; 3:33pm
- Honduras Exploration 2017
Jun 22, 2017; 10:35pm
- Figuring It Out As We Go: A Couple Snow Rookies Head Up To Royce Lakes
Jun 22, 2017; 5:21pm
- Spring '17 Pictures: First Ascents, Descents and Nonsense in Sequoia
Jun 21, 2017; 6:28pm
- not-honnold climbed El Cap (video TR)
Jun 20, 2017; 6:21am
- "Random Blessings" A Slab Happy adventure on a griddle.
Jun 19, 2017; 9:45am
- Why You Gotta Hate on Fresno? A Trip Report From 4 Days in the Life.
Jun 18, 2017; 12:00pm
- Muddy Creek - The sublime AND the ridiculous
Jun 14, 2017; 9:06am
- Yosemite and Smith Rock May 2017
Jun 13, 2017; 1:27pm
- TEHIPITE VALLEY PART II: the biggest unclimbed wall in California
Jun 12, 2017; 3:03pm
- SABER RIDGE - obscure gem? or new classic in the California alpine
Jun 12, 2017; 10:00am
- Real Men Eat Caviar -The West Ridge of Mt. Conness in Style-
Jun 12, 2017; 8:23am
- Matthes Crest? Actually, I prefer Saber Ridge ...
Jun 07, 2017; 4:59pm
- West Face of El Cap
Jun 07, 2017; 12:51pm
- View more trip reports >