Matterhorn Peak Direct North West Face Route
||About the Author
Will Oxx and Bob Shonerd, July, 2011. Many variations (still) exist. Rap anchors established on DNWF route. This line enables climbers to avoid MP's major loose rock section. Caution: every climb has loose rock potential. Although our ropes pulled easy and we were down to our boots in minutes - rap at your own risk.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Hagerman Peak with Phil
Dec 12, 2017; 12:47pm
- American 1975 Karakoram Expedition - an exercise in futility
Dec 12, 2017; 12:41pm
- Moonraker Film - Pat Littlejohn and Peter Biven's first ascent of The Old Redoubt
Dec 11, 2017; 2:51pm
- Rasta Wall, River Tower, Fisher Towers. November 2017.
Dec 11, 2017; 2:19pm
- Retro Climbing Report: the Nose in 1990. by mynameismud
Dec 11, 2017; 11:59am
- Aid Climbing in the Fisher Towers – “You’ll Really Dig This Place”
Dec 11, 2017; 9:14am
- Spire 4
Dec 07, 2017; 3:34pm
- A Quick Trip to Sedona.
Dec 07, 2017; 1:30pm
- A Winter Traverse of the California section of the PCT Part 6
Dec 06, 2017; 11:45pm
- A walk on the wild slide with Johnny Dawes!
Dec 05, 2017; 12:55am
- Where Does Time Go?
Dec 03, 2017; 9:39pm
- A casual run-in with Alex Honnold: Zodiac 2008
Dec 02, 2017; 10:27pm
- Getting to Eagle Wall, Red Rocks
Nov 30, 2017; 3:52pm
- A Mere Mortal's Guide to Climbing the Nose. (Including my experiences with the rockfall on elcap)
Nov 29, 2017; 8:11pm
- A bridge over the River Owen's: A Photo TR
Nov 28, 2017; 5:16pm
- View more trip reports >