Matterhorn Peak Direct North West Face Route
||About the Author
Will Oxx and Bob Shonerd, July, 2011. Many variations (still) exist. Rap anchors established on DNWF route. This line enables climbers to avoid MP's major loose rock section. Caution: every climb has loose rock potential. Although our ropes pulled easy and we were down to our boots in minutes - rap at your own risk.
|Did you like this Trip Report? Got something to say? Don't hold back...
Recent Trip Reports
- Third Trip to Fresno Dome
Jul 07, 2015; 8:50pm
- Half Dome RNWF by big wall ignorants
Jul 07, 2015; 6:31pm
- Hey Now, Well Now
Jul 07, 2015; 6:13pm
- Tenaya Peak -- Climbing with the wife
Jul 07, 2015; 5:41pm
- Shuteye Adventure Part 1: scouting with the niņo and his nino
Jul 07, 2015; 3:02pm
- FA Style Ascent Near Twin Lakes, Desolation Wilderness
Jul 07, 2015; 8:12am
Jul 06, 2015; 9:55pm
- Cathedral Peak (July 1, 2015)
Jul 06, 2015; 9:42pm
- Keeler Needle- Blood of the Monkey VI, 5.12 -16 pitches F.A. Moser, Ness: May 28, 2012-June 6, 2012
Jul 06, 2015; 8:58pm
- Not another Mike M Black Hills TR!
Jul 06, 2015; 6:16pm
- Some late season Canadian ice: various little climbs along with Curtain Call and the Polar Circus
Jul 06, 2015; 1:33pm
- Unicorn Peak - Direct North Face (5.8 A3..or 5.9+ish)
Jul 06, 2015; 12:12pm
- Raising the next generation of adventurers-in and around Yosemite with a 6 year old and an infant
Jul 05, 2015; 10:19pm
- When a (probable) First Ascent Goes Perfectly!
Jul 05, 2015; 1:30pm
- Southeast Asia Ongoing Trip: Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam - Now Laos!
Jul 05, 2015; 11:49am
- View more trip reports >