Austria Rofan. Wonderful impressions. Via Ferrata. Solstice fireworks
June 13, 2018 - June 17, 2018
A wonderful stay in the Austrian Alpes.
Wed June 13, 2018
Rain. Staying in the hostal
Thursday, June 14, 2018
Summit 6.689 ft
Friday, June 15, 2018
via ferrata C, abort tour,
Saturday June 16, 2018
Via ferrata C and D. 7500 ft
Sunday, June 17, 2018
second try Haidachstellwand,
Via ferrata C, made it to the summit
This tour was so nice. I made a video. The beautiful Images are here:
Gnome Ofthe Diabase
Out Of Bed
[Click to View YouTube Video]
Jul 11, 2018 - 04:18am PT
What a joy with my morning coffee, thank you.
For me it is bitter sweet. Both my wife's & my families are from the region, & we have not visited.
this August, not a month from now,is a celebration? or at least my grandparents one time home town, The town of Klagenfort is hosting a survivors day of some sort?
I only know of it because the town is adding commemorative plaques to the supposed dwellings where the families ....
in the clear face of evidence, to the contrary, photos of the actual, still 'posh', real stolen residences.
so that, they are laying out the "red" ? carpet for the 86, year-olds, if there is more than one ?
I would go / come in a hart beat, in an instant I would wave my hand at the old town & head up into the mountains, just to drive would be fantastic....
Sadly, my family is never invited to go.
(we had hoped this time, this, the last time ? )
The 86,yr-old Likes the drama of a flamboyant "Curious" Escort, her, Aryan in appearance, Oxford,attending Grad-Student, grandson.
Andreas He is the one
Thanks for your comment. I am very happy that you enjoy my trip report.
Jul 13, 2018 - 06:28am PT
I do not know anything about a Special celebration for People who used to live in Klagenfurt. I did a Research on the Internet but could not find anything. Sorry!
Recent Trip Reports
- The Kohala Ditch Trail: 36ish hrs on foot... to and from the headwaters. [5 of 5]
May 31, 2019; 11:57pm
- A Winter Traverse of the California section of the PCT Part 8
May 31, 2019; 11:18pm
- Supertopo,A trip report for posterity
May 31, 2019; 11:00pm
- Balch Fest 2013. Two Days in and Around and On The Flake. The Official Trip Report
May 31, 2019; 10:57pm
- TR: My visit to the Canoe
May 31, 2019; 10:24pm
- Death, Alpine Climbing, The Shield on El Cap
May 31, 2019; 4:07pm
- Andy Nisbet (1953-2019)
May 31, 2019; 2:11pm
- Drama on Baboquivari Peak
May 31, 2019; 1:19pm
- Joffre + The Aemmer Couloir: ski descents come unexpected catharsis [part 2]
May 31, 2019; 7:45am
- Lost To The Sea, by Disaster Master
May 30, 2019; 5:36am
- My Up And Down Life, Disaster Master
May 29, 2019; 11:44pm
- Halibut Hats and Climbers-What Gives?
May 29, 2019; 7:24pm
- G Rubberfat Overhang-First Ascent 1961
May 29, 2019; 12:28pm
- Coonyard Pinnacle 50 Years Later
May 29, 2019; 12:24pm
- Great Pumpkin with Mr Kamps and McClinsky- 1971
May 29, 2019; 12:02pm
- View more trip reports >